Location: Dallas, TX
Our client is looking for a Senior Windows Systems Administrator to join their team and support their continued national growth. This organization has their HQ in the Dallas/Ft Worth area but operates over 65 distribution and service centers through approximately 20 subsidiaries across the US. They currently coordinate and support over 1250 independent contractors and 1500+ associates in almost 20 states.
You will be responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining new and existing systems and infrastructure. You will be a member of our core Administrator team, and will have an opportunity to advance in your career.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement maintain Data Center environment
- Suggest new ideas and solutions to problems
- Maintain and constantly improve existing systems
- determine bottleneck in the current systems and suggest solutions to problems
- Participate in security management
- Use diagnostic tools to determine deficiencies
- Suggest and oversee improvement processes
- Stay up to date with latest technology and best practices
- Attend webinars and conferences
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or IT related degree
- 6+ years of experience as a System Administrator in Windows environment (up to Windows Serer 2016) 2019 a plus
- 4 years of experience using linux or unix environments, debian or ubuntu is a plus
- Very good understanding and knowledge of application-level operations
- Ability to quickly diagnose issues and suggest solutions
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSE + Cloud) (current) highly desirable
- VMWare Certification highly desirable
- Experience with and knowledge of operating systems and server solutions (Exchange, O365, MS365, SQL, Terminal Services (RDS), IIS, AD).·
- Exceptional knowledge of various hardware and new technologies (i.e. iPads, mobile phones, laptops, chassis)
- Experience with Perl, Ruby, Python a plus
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.