Location: Austin, TX
Our client is a large government consultant.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or information systems; with 10 years of experience. An additional 10 years of work experience can be considered in lieu of a master’s degree.
- 10+ years with Solaris
- Minimum of 3 years of HANDS-ON Supercluster Administration experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge in a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability Clustering systems/Environments.
Technical Systems Architect, Expert – UNIX-Solaris – Supercluster Administrator has extensive experience in the design and development of Client Server and Web Enabled Corporate applications including network topology. Must be well versed in Object Oriented tools and techniques. Must have thorough knowledge of data modeling skills using automated tools.
- Our client has a current opening at the in Austin for a ‘Technical Systems Architect, Expert – UNIX-Solaris-Supercluster Administrator’ supporting the Solaris OS platforms (10 and 11) and Oracle Hardware, with special emphasis on Supercluster hardware platforms, Exadata, Virtualization administration, Data Migrations and Oracle software within the Linux/Unix Management Service Line of the Office of Information Technology (OIT). The individual will provide technical guidance system support in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment. This is an advanced opportunity to use your extensive knowledge in a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability Clustering systems/Environments knowledge and skills to support the Infrastructure Operations (IO) initiatives.
Technical Systems Architect, Expert will provide expert knowledge of Solaris OS platforms (10 and 11) and Oracle Hardware, with special emphasis on Supercluster hardware platforms, Exadata, Virtualization administration, Data Migrations and Oracle software. Expert working ability creating system management plans, implement plans against Industry Best Practices and will assure effective system management, operations, and maintenance of supercluster systems and/or interconnects.
The primary focus of the Technical Systems Architect, Expert, will be on production, and will be required to provide working knowledge of the following:
- Oracle QFSDP patching and SAN/virtual storage, NetApp and NFS technologies, and their interoperability.
- Working knowledge of ZFS Storage Appliances, Server Builds, Capacity Planning, Performance Tuning and Optimization, Device Hardening and applying vulnerability mitigation strategies, Device Monitoring technologies, (agents and software,) and Detailed functional ability with various scripting languages.
- Will be required to work independently and with teams of system admins, database admins, network engineers and project/program managers across multiple service lines;
- Will be required to prioritize work, identify high risk critical problems, provide detailed, courses of action, for issue resolution and communicate to all stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- Will be required to interpret, translate, and create technical documentation, implementation plans, and system diagrams, into full production environments and high volume/high availability systems.
- Will provide technical guidance system support in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
Job #: 7595