Location: Dallas, TX
Technical Support Engineer
Our client is searching for an outstanding IT Support Engineer to join our Information Technology team providing technical support for an active trading environment. This position will have a hands-on role in deploying and sustaining both the systems and applications directly utilized by our end-users. This individual will work closely with both Front and Back Office employees to support their technology needs. Collaboration with talented and driven technology professionals will also be necessary to deliver solutions built primarily on the Microsoft platform. The IT team has a strong track record of implementing the latest relevant technologies and managing a highly-available infrastructure. Successful candidates for this position will have a demonstrated track record of both educational and personal achievement, along with a passion for technology. They will need to be comfortable working in a creative and complex business environment. Financial experience is not a prerequisite, but an interest in the application of technology to support an investment management environment is a must. Previous experience providing excellent customer support, quickly learning new technologies, prioritizing and completing a long list of tasks, and supporting the deployment of applications, desktops and scripts is a must. Candidates should be a self-starter, personable and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and an unrelenting drive to determine and implement effective solutions.
Our client offers a challenging, energetic and rewarding work environment, within a lively, collegial atmosphere. Exceptional individuals can expect a very competitive compensation package including base, bonus and a deferred compensation plan that participates in fund returns, along with outstanding employee benefits.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Management Information Systems or Computer Sciences
- 2-4+ years of relevant work experience providing IT support to enterprise clients required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite and Active Directory
- Availability for night and weekend work as well as light travel
- Knowledge of desktop and server hardware, including performance optimization
- Fundamental knowledge of IP networking, routing, and system security
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, and management tools
- Experience utilizing PowerShell in management of systems
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as strong customer service experience.
- Experience supporting Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange, and Domains
- Proven technical documentation skills
- Insatiable level of technical curiosity
- Must be physically able to lift and carry computers and other related equipment of up to 50+ lbs.
Beneficial Skills and Interests
- Programming and scripting languages such as Python, Visual Basic, VBscript or similar scripting/programming knowledge
- SCCM experience
- Knowledge/support Unix/Linux inclusive of RHEL or Centos
- Knowledge of the Securities and Trading industry
- Knowledge of coding best practices in usage with code control via version control and repositories
- Knowledge of configuration management systems and automation technologies such as Ansible
- Experience managing projects including milestones and target completion dates
- Imaging solutions such as Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Software management including repackaging, scripted installations and deployment
- Messaging and collaboration systems, such as Exchange, Lync and SharePoint
- Leading technical training, both one-on-one and in group sessions
- MCP/MCSE/CCNA or equivalent a plus
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.