Location: Austin, Texas
Our client is a medical device company that is world leading in their field.
Could This Be For You:
This position is responsible for managing and developing relationships with key internal customers in the Corporate or Shared Service areas for the IT department. The incumbent is charged with identifying, developing and implementing projects and initiatives to meet the technology needs of the customer base in a fashion which achieves a high level of customer satisfaction. He/she will be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of developers, analysts and others in the achievement of these goals.
Remote candidates will be considered, however candidates located in the greater Austin metro are strongly preferred.
Essential functions for this role:
- Manages a team of software developers and related personnel to develop, maintain and support software systems for the IT Web Services team
- Participate and initiate collaborative planning processes for business technology, including “make vs. buy” decisions for technology. Understand and work collaboratively with business teams to define vision, process and solutions.
- Participates in all aspects of the software development life cycle, from defining the strategy and architecture thorough deployment and support.
- Develop project schedules including critical paths, resource leveling, time estimates, and work plans
- Ensures that IT projects in support of customer needs are delivered in a timely manner and within a prescribed budget; identify, evaluate, and mitigate the risks affecting any project
- Provide team members with technical leadership and lead team in developing good software development practices
- Provide leadership in CICD and DevSecOps areas. Migrate team to more Agile processes.
- Review and assist in the development of all project-related documentation, including design documents, functional specifications, help files, project proposals, business cases, technical specifications, training manuals, and user manuals
- Build and manage team, including recruiting of additional team members. Coach and mentor team members
- Create and optimize team project, support and maintenance processes
- Working with team and business partners, create and maintain technology roadmaps, as assigned.
- Maintain excellent communication channels between the IT department and the assigned customer groups.
- Supports and ensures SOX, HIPAA, and ITIL Compliance within the IT infrastructure.
- Ensure IT standards are followed.
- Report on team metrics and KPI
- Manage contracts and vendors, as assigned.
To be formally considered for the opportunity, the below minimum requirements must be met:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of related experience in IT, to include 3 years of people management in a technology role.
Additional Success Factors:
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Demonstrated systems analysis proficiency
- Solid application development experience using Microsoft technologies (VB, .NET, SharePoint).
- Solid Website development/CMS knowledge – WordPress/Drupal/HTML5/etc.
- Good understanding of Object-oriented programming
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Working knowledge of SQL databases
- Experience with CICD, DevOps – Use of Agile process and collaboration tools like JIRA, Bitbucket (git), Trello, Slack, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and/or related project management software/methodologies
- Ability to interact effectively with users on project-related matters, translating technical ideas into non-technical terms without sacrificing the quality of information given.
- Business acumen.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Negotiation Skills – Conflict resolution, consensus building, prioritization
- Effective communication, planning, organization and project management skills.
- Healthcare experience a plus. Knowledge of SOX/HIPAA related processes a plus.
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment In You:
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and long-term disability insurance_________________________________________________________________
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.