Our client is seeking an outstanding Systems Engineer to join its Information Technology team in Dallas. This individual will work closely with talented and driven technology professionals to support HBK’s highly available and complex enterprise infrastructure. The HBK infrastructure is comprised of solutions including high-density datacenters, 700+ servers, virtualization, high performance compute clusters, tiered storage solutions, and the Microsoft infrastructure suite. This position will entail supporting, maintaining, automating and enhancing HBK’s enterprise infrastructure. HBK’s Information Technology team has a strong track record of managing an infrastructure utilizing best in class technology solutions, applying the latest relevant technologies and providing excellent customer service.
- Maintain and monitor a multi-site, highly available, and complex enterprise infrastructure
- Perform daily system monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, and key processes
- Repair and recover from hardware and software failures
- Identify performance issues proactively
- Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and upcoming trends
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and management tools
- Utilize configuration management to maintain system integrity consistent with their defined state
- Understand the proper balance of seeing trouble-tickets to resolution and the necessary escalation to Engineering and Development teams
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships
- Participate in a rotating on-call coverage or emergency response as needed
- Mentor, coach, and train peers and serve as an escalation point for end user support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field
- Minimum of four years of progressive working experience supporting heterogeneous infrastructures (Microsoft)
- Experience with managing server hardware solutions, including performance optimization
- Experience monitoring systems, such as SCOM, Solarwinds, Splunk, and Nagios
- Experience managing Active Directory, Exchange, and messaging/collaboration systems in an enterprise environment
- Experience with VMware in provisioning/supporting virtual servers and desktops
- Experience utilizing PowerShell in management of systems
- Fundamental knowledge of network switching, routing and firewall technology
- Detail and process-oriented team player with the ability to work well within a nimble team
- Technical proficiency, insatiable level of technical curiosity and desire to grow
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as strong customer service experience.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry computers and other related equipment of up to 50+ lbs.
- An insatiable level of technical curiosity
Beneficial Skills and Interests:
- Understanding of programming concepts and different programming methodologies
- Working knowledge of configuration management and automation technologies
- Experience performing product evaluations and developing business case proposals
- Software management including repackaging, scripted installations and deployment
- Python or similar scripting/programming languages
- Prior experience with desktop support or end user support
- Prior experience with managing projects including milestones and target completion dates
- Unix/Linux experience a plus
- MCP/MCSE/CCNA or equivalent a plus
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.