Location: Austin, TX
Our client is a large government agency.
LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION:
A System Administrator must have experience in conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs. Systems administrators are responsible for maintaining system efficiency. Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems. Must have knowledge on a number of debugging protocols and processes. Must be able to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions quickly. The candidate shall provide system
administration activities and immediate troubleshooting efforts when contacted by the Service Desk to ensure outages or incidents are resolved as quickly as possible, as well as work on teams with
customers and partners, end users, programmers and analysts, Database Administrators, application and network administrators.
- Red Hat Linux & Solaris System Administration
- Experience in conducting routine administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs
- Responsible for maintaining system efficiency
- Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems
- Knowledge of several debugging protocols and processes
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customer and implement corrective action quickly
- Thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations and maintenance systems and/or networks
- Work with teams of system admins and can prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources
- Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/High availability systems in Red Hat Linux
- Operating system administration & maintenance
- Patch OS on a monthly cycle using technologies to limit downtime and provide quick back out mechanism.
- Contractor will flex schedule due to operational needs (i.e. Patching machines, Configuring Virtual Machines, Troubleshooting issues, etc)
- Contractor may be working on weekends and after normally scheduled hours
- Contractor will be required to work remotely until cleared to return onsite
- Contractor will work out of scope, as operational needs dictate (Training/Teaching other employees, Opening SNOW Tickets, Documentation of Systems, Functionality, Security and Procedures, Creating reports, etc.)
- Contractor will be required to complete other duties as assigned by PM.
- Participate in troubleshooting / fault isolation teams to determine problem or issue.
- Contact vendor maintenance/support’s lines and open a case after 30 minutes of researching problems without success in resolving the issue.
- Correct OS related incidents and problems during coordinated maintenance windows or immediately in the case where system is down.
- Knowledge of Security Administrator, System Administration and Network Administration of Solaris 9-10.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, HP-UX, AIX, SunOS, OS/2
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
_____________________________________________________________Job ID: 7637