We’re seeking a senior-level software quality engineer with a strong technical background, preferably in .NET development. Assigned projects may include DevOps, data engineering, infrastructure, application monitoring, development tooling, and technical product features such as integrations. Testing responsibilities include a mix of manual and automated approaches to validate functionality, performance, and load testing.
- Play a key role in our Continuous Quality process by being directly involved in all phases of product development for highly technical initiatives.
- Work with technical teams to plan safe releases with a post-production monitoring plan.
- Decompose requirements into exhaustive test cases and create tests within TestRail.
- Lead testing for assigned projects on a continuous basis.
- Participate in regression testing, user acceptance testing, and load testing to ensure acceptance criteria are met and quality is high.
- Log issues discovered in testing with steps to reproduce and failed acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with development teams to assess testing impact and deployment risks.
- Participate in production releases and test feature delivery via post-production validation.
- Aid in identifying and documenting critical application flows for test automation.
- Assist in improving QA processes, tools, and environments.
- 4+ years of experience testing complex software applications, to include web, iOS, and Android applications as well as application services and APIs.
- Well versed in decomposing requirements into test cases.
- Skilled in communicating with technical teams to clarify requirements, provide feedback, and communicate test failures.
- Exhibit high standards, attention to detail, and a customer-focused attitude when assessing the quality of software deliverables.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the software development lifecycle and release strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess testing impact and deployment risks for software changes.
- Hands-on experience testing APIs using Swagger, Postman, Fiddler, or other tools.
- Hands-on experience testing database-level changes such as stored procedures, indexes, and database configurations.
- Hands-on experience testing infrastructure- and architecture-level functionality such as server configurations, logging, health checks, scalability, resiliency, performance, etc.
- Hands-on experience developing web or mobile applications, especially with .NET.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools, especially Jenkins and Octopus.
- Hands-on experience with Code as Infrastructure, especially AWS and Terraform.
- Hands-on experience with load testing tools such as Artillery.
- Hands-on experience developing or using Cypress or other test automation tools.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.