Location: Dallas, TX
As a Senior QA Analyst, you will be responsible for assessing software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches in mobile and web-based applications.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly.
Our ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
You will be working along-side other engineers, developers, and designers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Support comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, thoroughly document and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Ability to work collaboratively with programmers during development to ensure deliverables meet customer requirements
- Develop test automation and ability to convert manual tests into automation.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in Mobile or Web software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, object-oriented programming, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with Microsoft ASP.NET (Web and API), mobile applications, and cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with API tools such as Postman
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps or GitHub Actions for CI/CD automation is a plus
Bonus if you have
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- iOS XCUITest
- Charles Proxy
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using appropriate tools
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.