Location: Austin, TX
Our client is a medical device company that is world leading in their field.
Could This Be For You:
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, the Sr. Information Security Analyst plays a critical role in ensuring the continuous protection of system and information assets by designing, implementing and managing advanced security controls, tools and technologies. As a thought leader and trusted advisor, you will document and explain risks and provide timely, value-added recommendations for remediation to key IT and Business stakeholders. You will work to implement and maintain security policies and standards to protect information systems architecture including data center and cloud based network, servers, storage, and database applications. You will also conduct vulnerability tests to identify gaps, recommend solutions and implement them in a timely manner. Your collaborative nature and subject matter expertise will be critical as you act as a key partner consultant to all teams on information security best practices. You will participate in project meetings and perform security design reviews. You will be relied upon to stay abreast of new threats and vulnerabilities and help to disseminate the latest security best practices across our organization.
As the Senior Information Security Analyst, you will:
- Work closely with IT and Business partners as a subject matter expert in information security strategy, risk management, technology and practices.
- Participate in system implementation projects to ensure security requirements are evaluated and met.
- Refine and improve security management practices to develop and maintain policies, standards, guidelines and procedures that meet requirements including HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, and SOX.
- Provide expertise into the development of the ServiceNow Information Risk Management platform that will provide a consolidated and consistent perspective on information security across the company.
- Report, review, and audit adherence to established security policies and standards for assigned areas.
- Develop metrics based reporting for your business partners to drive alignment, required investments, and remediation.
- Work with internal and external audit teams to deliver timely responses to data collection requests and address questions for audits and examinations.
- Investigate opportunities and develop proposals to leverage system and network security technologies that best meet the needs of the organization.
- Lead and participate in teams to implement projects throughout the organization.
- Ensure that security solutions are properly configured, well documented, tested and successfully executed to maximize the overall benefit for the organization.
- Adhere to Change Management standards.
To be formally considered for the role, the following requirements must be met.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in IT, information security, cyber risk management or compliance is required
- Certification including one or more of the following: CISSP, CISA, HCISPP, CCSP, CRISC, CISM, CGIH, GCFA, GNFA, GPEN, GSEC, or CEH is required
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Information / Network Security, or Cybersecurity is preferred??
Additional Success Factors:
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate complex Cybersecurity concepts to both technical and non-technical resources
- In depth knowledge of regulatory and security standards including but not limited to HIPPA, HITECH, PCI, and SOX
- Experience aligning security processes and controls to NIST
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- Ability to be flexible in order to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated integrity, enthusiasm, initiative, attention to detail, punctuality, and pride in work deliverables
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results
Our Investment In You:
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and long-term disability insurance
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
Job #: 7959