The ideal Cloud System Administrator for our team has internalized value of developing robust, scalable and maintainable Cloud solutions. Our Cloud System Administrator will design, implement, and maintain cloud-based solutions utilizing Terraform Infrastructure as Code (IaC), while providing support to our public cloud hosting environments, SaaS, DevOps, and internal cloud. If this is a challenge you seek, apply today!
Primary Job Duties:
- Provide exceptional and professional customer service to internal staff and external clients.
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud based solutions utilizing Terraform Infrastructure as code (laC) software.
- Peer review version control pull requests for Terraform and other IaC software.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Administer services such as Active Directory/LDAP, DHCP, DNS, multi-factor authentication, and cloud-based equivalents.
- Assist with projects involving server, network, and cloud infrastructure solutioning, implementation, and support.
- Actively participate in high-level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvement, recommending process improvements, and conducting solution evaluations.
- Follow change control policies when implementing changes within internal and customer environments.
- Daily work is primarily ticket-based and focus is on internal-facing support with opportunities to assist hosted customers and participate in project work as business needs change and the candidate matures in their position.
- Supporting DevOps practices, including build/deployment pipelines.
- Create and maintain documentation and diagrams.
- Work with more junior team members to train and grow them.
To become a part of our team, we are looking for the following education and Skill Set:
- Bachelor’s degree (4 year BA/BS) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with operating system and network architecture and administration
- 2+ years of experience with public cloud provider AWS
- 1+ years of experience scripting experience in a common scripting language such as python, bash, perl, or ruby
- 1+ years of experience coding, deploying, and maintaining cloud infrastructure with Terraform
- Experience working in Git version control system
- Experience with systems monitoring, log management and event analysis
- Experience with Windows or Linux system administration
- Experience supporting deployment pipelines
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Packer, or Puppet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to design holistic cloud infrastructure solutions and oversee implementation via laC software
- Ability to self-prioritize and self-manage multiple tasks and execute accordingly to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies quickly
- Willingness to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend maintenance events
- AWS Associate Solutions Architect certification or comparable AWS certifications
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.