You are a Sr. Cloud System Administrator with an ability to design holistic Cloud infrastructure. You desire an opportunity to contribute to the process of developing advanced, cutting-edge Cloud Infrastructures. If you are a Sr. Cloud System Administrator who likes to be challenged to deliver solutions using leading edge technology, then keep on reading. Our client, located in Southlake, TX is looking to empower a skilled Cloud System Administrator to join our Cloud Services team as a Senior Cloud Technologist.
The ideal Sr. Cloud System Administrator for our team has internalized value of developing robust, scalable and maintainable Cloud solutions. Our Cloud System Administrator will design, implement, and maintain cloud based solutions utilizing Terraform Infrastructure as Code (IaC), while providing support to our public cloud hosting environments, SaaS, DevOps, and internal cloud. If this is a challenge you seek, apply today!
Primary Job Duties:
- Provide exceptional and professional customer service to internal staff and external clients.
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud based solutions utilizing Terraform Infrastructure as code (laC) software.
- Peer review version control pull requests for Terraform and other IaC software.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Administer services such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, wireless, multi-factor authentication and cloud-based equivalents
- Assist with projects involving server, network, and cloud infrastructure support.
- Actively participate in high-level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvement, recommending, process improvements and conducting tool evaluations.
- Follow change control policies when implementing changes within internal and customer environments.
- Daily work will be primarily ticket-based with a focus on internal-facing support with opportunities to assist external customers and participate in longer-term project work as business needs change and the candidate matures in their position.
- Supporting DevOps practices, including build/deployment pipelines.
- Ability to learn, document, and implement new technologies quickly
- Create and maintain documentation and facilitate training of wider Cloud Services Team.
To become a part of our team, we are looking for the following education and Skill Set:
- Bachelor’s degree (4 year BA/BS) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with system and network architecture and administration
- 2-3+ years experience with public cloud providers such as AWS
- 2-3+ years scripting in a common scripting language such as python, bash, perl, or ruby.
- 1-2+ years of coding, deploying, and maintaining cloud infrastructure with Terraform in a version-controlled environment (e.g. GIT).
- Experience with system monitoring, log management and event analysis
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to design holistic cloud infrastructure solutions and oversee implementation via laC software
- Ability to self-prioritize multiple tasks and execute accordingly
- Experience supporting build/deployment pipelines
- Ability to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend maintenance events
- AWS Associate Solutions Architect certification
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Packer, Puppet, or other IaC technology
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.