The IT Business Systems Analyst, Senior position is responsible for leading the coordination between the Business and IT resources assigned to work efforts. The primary responsibility is to work as a liaison Business and IT stakeholders, gather business requirements, recommend solutions, works to establish deliverable timelines and enables business to achieve its goals. Additionally, establish process rigor and help identify areas for process improvement within the technology and business organizations. This position is often called upon to do the initial testing of changes to the environments and validate changes deployed to Production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and interact with business leaders to identify, analyze, provide recommendations, and prioritize potential projects.
- Evaluate and analyze current workflow processes to determine feasibility of re-engineering and/or automation along with evaluating business needs against current systems capabilities.
- Develop and present conceptual/functional models using the appropriate templates or analysis tools along with cross-functional process and system dependencies.
- Understand current systems and business processes to become the subject matter expert for assigned area.
- Facilitate process of identification and documentation of business and systems requirement definition, testing, training, implementation and support.
- Act as a problem solver, organization change agent, and support mechanism by developing, documenting, and implementing solutions for internal and external customers.
- Use industry standard analysis techniques to provide guidance and assistance with client requirements such as data flow modeling, use-case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis, data modeling, and object modeling.
- Use prototyping, where possible, to solidify client requirements (in conjunction with Development Team).
- Adhere to business and technology process guidelines and standards.
- Create, modify and maintain, and schedule procedures and reports using various report-writing tools.
- Identify areas or potential business risk and technology risks.
- Promote excellence in quality and customer service through work performed individually as well as within the department as a whole.
Experience and Requirements
- 7 years’ experience in a technology environment
- Candidate must have at least 5 years practical working experience as a Business Systems Analyst
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- The employee is required to be able to lift and carry 50 (fifty) pounds
- 5+ years’ experience in IT industry with focus on business analysis and software development
- Requires 2-3 years of varying requirements gathering techniques and exposure to standard methodologies (UML / Use cases)
- Strong understanding of business process modeling and data flows
- Extensive experience in the full Software Development Life Cycle including business analysis and requirements gathering, and testing
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodology. Exposure to Scaled Agile desirable
- Solid understanding of and experience with design concepts
- Advanced communication skills Must provide written samples of project artifacts and a presentation
- Must have experience interacting with customers to obtain requirements and garner approval
- Must have experience interacting with developers and quality assurance team members to provide assistance with requirements understanding as needed
- Must have experience with applications developed in .NET, Microsoft SQL, Big Data or other relational database systems
- Very proficient building SQL queries, analyzing data
- Demonstrated experience identifying and mitigating risks as well as defining and managing scope and client expectations
- Experience leading analysis teams and managing small to midsize projects
- Forward thinking in the potential use of future technology
- Responds promptly to client needs and solicits feedback to improve service; meets commitments
- Must be open to suggestions and feedback from clients and staff
- Reacts well under pressure and is comfortable working in potentially high-pressure situations
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; treats others with respect and consideration
- Takes pride in work product and pays close attention to detail
- Strives to continually build knowledge and skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; sets and achieves challenging goals
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment
Preferred Experience and Responsibilities
- Previous financial industry experience would be a plus
- Project Management experience would be a plus, as well as process design and documentation experience
- High school or equivalency required. College Degree in related field (MIS, business) preferred
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.