The role of Application DBA incorporates application domain knowledge, ETL development / data migration, and database administration, to include scalability, performance, monitoring and alerting, installation and configuration, and security. This is a fast-paced team that supports ongoing operations for customers and development teams while also driving innovation and growth with data-focused projects.
- Write, execute, and validate DML, DDL, and DCL scripts to meet business and customer needs.
- Coordinate and perform data mods, database maintenance, etc. outside of business hours.
- Assist Customer Support and Development by analyzing data to troubleshoot application issues.
- Optimize stored procedures, functions, and ad hoc queries.
- Create and manage SSIS packages to manage ETL processes.
- Onboard new customers by scrubbing data and importing from multiple data sources.
- Provide backup and contingency planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Install, configure, and manage multiple MS SQL Server 2017+ instances on a Windows Server platform.
- Plan and implement SQL Server upgrades.
- Proactively manage database indexes.
- Proactively manage SQL Server performance across numerous database servers, including hardware, configurations, and schema optimizations.
- Develop monitoring tools for database/server performance metrics.
- Develop PowerShell scripts, C# .NET utilities, and other automation to support operations management.
- 3+ years of experience writing DML, DDL, and DCL, with 2+ years of hands-on experience with T-SQL.
- 2+ years of hands-on Microsoft SQL Server 2017+ experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing databases.
- 1+ year of scripting and managing ETL packages, with SSIS or other tools.
- Ability to balance business and technical objectives when making decisions.
- Ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, and analytical skills is a must.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL.
- Hands-on experience with Redshift.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, particularly EC2, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, and Route 53.
- Hands-on experience with Redgate’s SQL Server products.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance (eligible on day 1)
- 401K with matching up to 4%
- 9 company holidays + 12 vacation days in first year
- Ample professional growth opportunities
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.