Location: Dallas, TX
Company Overview: Our client is a global leader in supplier management software and has continuously grown year over year since their inception. They have a global reach throughout the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, the Middle East and other international regions. Their online management database is a global resource for many corporations.
Job Summary: The Senior SQL Developer is responsible for writing efficient SQL code on SQL Server 2012/2016 databases. As a member of the Product Development team, the Senior SQL Developer will be exposed to hands on development of front end web pages in addition to writing SQL code. The position will also expose individuals to complete Software Development Life Cycle.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Creating complex queries on large data sets
- Creating stored procedures, triggers, and functions
- Generating code to extract, transform and load data
- Performance tuning of queries
- Develop and design database objects, such as tables, indexes, constraints, etc.
- Analyze query execution plans and optimize database code
- Be able to work with development, QA, business teams and at times directly with customers
- Research and develop new ways to improve existing functionality
- Proactively analyze and bring forth ideas for continuous improvement
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives
- All employees have a professional duty to provide any information related to security issues, incidents or situations that present a potential security risk to the ISO Team, Management or their Supervisor
- Other tasks and projects as directed by supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university and/or equivalent work
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Fundamentals
- Working knowledge of T-SQL; writing queries, stored procedures and functions
- Knowledge of web development (ASP.NET web forms, MVC, C# or VB.NET a plus)
- Thorough understanding of database modeling
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and experience with database design, performance tuning, query optimization, indexes, data migration tools, and data analysis
- Capability to lead projects, as well as be able to work in a team environment
- Provide examples of quality work from previous projects
- Demonstrate personal initiative
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid analytical and problem solving ability
- Desire to assume increasing levels of leadership responsibility
Physical and Safety Requirements
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing and/or speaking at least 8 hours per day
- Able to regularly lift and move up to 15lbs
- Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- References must be provided upon request
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university and/or equivalent work experience
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.