Position: IT Service Desk Manager
Location: Houston, TX 77056 – Hybrid
- Manage and lead the internal desktop support and service desk team, operating Monday to Friday from 7 am to 7 pm, and Saturday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Align department metrics with company objectives, setting and achieving individual and team performance goals.
- Proactively identify service trends to reduce ticket volume and address client issues.
- Oversee InTune Mobile Device Management (MDM) and standardize workstation configuration and management.
- Automate account onboarding and offboarding using PowerShell or Fresh Service workflows.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team to implement an updated monitoring and alerting system.
- Work closely with development and infrastructure teams for the seamless transition of new systems and software applications to the service desk for support.
- Offer comprehensive support for computers, applications, peripherals, eFax, hotspots, and mobile devices.
- Develop and manage Tier 1 and 2 support processes and documentation, including response to outages and degradations.
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 support for network, systems, circuits, and phones.
- Offer technical guidance to staff, troubleshooting client support issues and serving as a technical escalation point when needed.
- Coordinate training and orientation on new technology for the user base.
- Lead the selection, hiring, and retention of qualified support team members, ensuring optimal staffing levels in the department.
- Develop the annual budget for computer system and application replacements, along with asset inventory and procurement.
- Cultivate relationships with technology and component vendors.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience managing service desk projects, including system rollouts, EDR system upgrades, office moves, and similar projects.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and computer hardware and peripherals.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for network outages, with a general understanding of networks, WANs, LANs, and VPNs.
- Experience supporting computer users across multiple locations and time zones.
- Knowledge of NOC operations is a plus.
- Familiarity with Windows servers, network infrastructure, and phone systems.
- Preference for bilingual proficiency in English/Spanish.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and general project management skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally, with an expectation of less than 10%.