Location: Houston, TX
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Install, configure, deploy, administer, and support necessary hardware and software for LAN and WAN infrastructures; including switches, routers, firewalls, and load balancers. Cisco Specific.
· Perform maintenance and release upgrades to all in scope hardware and software.
· Monitor network performance and capacity.
· Perform analysis of LAN/WAN requirements and contribute to design of LAN and WAN architecture, integration, and installation.
· Monitor, assess and act upon applicable security advisories and vulnerabilities.
· Provides engineering security aspects into subsystems network designs (e.g., Cross Domain Solutions, Firewalls, Guards, Intrusion Detection Systems, Data Classifications, User authentication access, and Virus Detection) and security certification accreditation of subsystems network according to DITSCAP DIACAP process
· Provides technical network design, design testing, administration, configuration management, and troubleshooting services
· Research, identify, evaluate, and provide status of information assurance controls
· Analyze security incidents and document response procedures and report actions
· Conducts technical vulnerability assessments, assists system administrators apply security patches and validates changes
· Prepare and maintain documentation of all LAN, WAN, Load Balancing, DNS and Internet connections and configurations.
· Install, configure, and administer hardware and software systems that provide appropriate network security functionality
· Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved network hardware/software/devices
· Create and maintain automation scripts
· BA in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field desired
· 5 to 10 years of experience in network administration
· 3 to 5 Years Cyber Security Experience
· Able to identify, understand and remediate security vulnerabilities
· Ability to read, comprehend and interpret security audit logs
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.