Our client is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join a growing team building software platforms for the U.S. government. Their platforms benefits all in their local community. They focus is on solving real world problems those in the government and their families every day through our software platform.
They are building mobile applications and cloud infrastructure to support the platform — all using modern front-end and back-end cloud software technologies that are popular today.
They are a remote team so work will primarily be done remotely.
Some of our current technology stack includes the following:
- React with Bootstrap
- Amazon Web Services (Aurora, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, SQS)
You are a highly motivated software engineer ready to work on a growing development building a software platform. You can adapt quickly and easily as priorities change in this fast-paced startup environment and enjoy rapid iteration without sacrificing quality, as we take on a variety of different problems and technologies. You are willing to learn skills, you can give and receive feedback, and are willing to teach others as our team grows.
You must be a United States citizen currently located within the United States.
About the Job
We are primarily a remote team so you will primarily be working remotely. This is a contract-to-hire position. Our goal is to find somebody who we can bring on to the team full time but we will start with a 30-90 day contract.
About the Position
You will be responsible for developing new capabilities and maintaining existing features in cloud infrastructure, and the web and mobile applications. You will work with our existing cloud infrastructure to design and implement features end-to-end.
- Writing documentation
- Building and deploying to live environments
- Troubleshooting, testing, and debugging new and existing systems
- Designing features and writing specifications
- Implementing features according to specification
- Implementing/applying user interface design
- Comply with established policies and patterns adopted by the team
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience building frontend and/or backend applications
- Computer Science Degree (or relevant field)
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of building software
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cloud software architecture
- Strong knowledge and proven experience deploying web applications on a modern cloud platform
- Expert knowledge and proven experience developing front-end web applications
- Expert knowledge and proven experience building backend web technology
- Expert knowledge and experience working with SQL and noSQL databases
- Basic understanding of standard development tools such as version control, command line interfaces, project management, etc…
Nice to Have
- Knowledge and experience working with any of the following technologies:
- Amazon AWS
- SQL Databases (mySQL, Aurora)
- React Native
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.