Our client is a large government consulting group.
A Senior Configuration Manager must have experience and be able to develop, document, and implement detailed plans for ensuring configuration control for IT programs, projects, and tasks. When issues arise, must be able to identify and implement solutions. Maintain thorough records and documentation to ensure accurate product builds, part ordering and product and/or software updates.
The Contractor shall provide change, release and configuration support at the ITIL program office level and support the ITIL functions of Change Management, Release Management, Build Management and Configuration management, as they are executed. These ITIL management disciplines ensure that all components of product releases and infrastructure changes are organized and deployed in a controlled manner enabling a repeatable process. The Contractor shall review, analyze and standardize release and deployment processes and audit those processes as well. The Contractor shall support the design and implementation of formal procedures, including checks and balances throughout the process. The Contractor shall identify and mitigate risk to ensure the integrity and recoverability of the production environment and ensure the currency, accuracy, and completeness of the CMDB for all business and technical data elements for applications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Management, Math, or the equivalent plus 10 years of experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
Experience with change management, release management, build management and configuration management.
- Well versed in ITIL practices – v3 and understanding of v4
- Understanding difference and integrations between Asset Management and Service Configuration Management
- Experience in technical and process implementation of ITIL Config Mgmt – v3 or v4
- Experience with CMDB architecture – CI Identification – Services and Technology CIs / CI Ownership / CI Auditing and Reporting
- Process integrations between Configuration Management and other ITIL processes – Primarily Change, Incident, and Problem
- Experience developing documentation – Analyst level continuity documentation such as Work Instructions for CfM standard daily activities
- ITSM Tool experience – ServiceNow preferably, but any other type of equivalent Enterprise ITSM tool
- Experience in leading Analysts through Configuration Management Daily activities
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
Job ID: 7881