Job Summary: The QA Automation Tester position provides individuals an opportunity to apply their skills in a dynamic work environment while developing well-rounded competencies in products and services. As a member of the Products Team, the QA Automation Tester is responsible for designing test cases and writing automated test scripts for our mobile applications. In this role, the individual will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our customer-facing native mobile applications and designing automated tests to verify their performance. The position requires individuals to perform manual testing, detect and reproduce defects, and
collaborate with the mobile engineering team and product owners understand features and create testing strategies.
1.0 Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Attend sprint planning meetings to understand feature requirements, acceptance criteria, and design automated test
- Write, design, and execute automated tests by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically
- Attend daily standups as integrated part of the mobile development team
- Ensure test coverage meets company standard
- Proactively schedule and perform smoke tests on new operating system beta releases
- Determine the priority for test scenarios and create execution plans to implement these scenarios.
- Write documentation for automated processes including test plans, test procedures, and test cases.
- Build test automation frameworks
- Report and document bugs in the QA tracking system
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy procedures and meeting QMS and ISMS objectives
- All employees have a professional duty to provide any information related to security issues, incidents or situations that present a potential security risk to the ISO Team, Management or their Supervisor
- Other tasks and projects as directed by management
2.1 Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related field from an accredited university and/or equivalent work experience
2.2 Knowledge and Skills
- 2+ years experience writing automated test for native iOS and Android mobile applications
- 2+ years experience with a cloud-based testing platform like Perfecto, SmartBear, SauceLabs, etc.
- 2+ years experience using the automated testing tools Selenium and Appium
- Experience integrating automated testing into a build pipeline (Azure Pipelines a plus)
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development and Gherkin
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.