Location: Austin, TX (Remote)
Our client is a provider of reusable prepaid cards and related financial services in the US and is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the Frontend Enterprise Enablement Team.
This Frontend Enterprise Enablement Team is responsible for providing and supporting a framework for many frontend development teams to use. We’re looking for someone who can thrive in our rapid cycle test and learn culture and bring fantastic ideas to a collaborative and super fun team. Are you that person? If so, read on.
Working closely with delivery developers, creative designers, and the Frontend Architect you'll be involved from the early stages to the release of new products, features and beyond. Your primary stakeholders will be other engineers.
Currently, they use a lot of different tools. Everything from TypeScript, React, NodeJS, Cypress, Bazel, Yarn, AngularJS, ES-Lint, and more. We don’t expect you to already know everything, but you should feel comfortable as strong self-learner.
What's the job?
- Creating, maintaining and the build, test, and runtime tools that frontend developers to ship quality consumer facing software.
- Working with our engineers to identify points of friction across teams, and to provide elegant and scalable solutions.
- Engage in brainstorming sessions with your team and create proof-of-concept solutions.
- Work with platform developers and QA to build high quality, compatible and scalable solutions.
- Proactively work with the team to develop not just standalone solutions, but high quality reusable components and standards.
What kind of person are you?
- Genuinely excited by front end technologies, always looking to push the boundaries of what's achievable.
- Good understanding of RESTful architecture.
- Experienced the challenges and rewards of building cross device hybrid mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Worked with high volume, customer centric web or mobile applications. Especially good if you've got experience with commerce sites or financial applications.
- A great team player, able to interact easily with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Able to show us some cool portfolio work, personal projects and talk about the sites and apps out there that you love.
- As provided in Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with the applicable local, state, and federal laws.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.