Location: Houston, TX
Position: Payroll Tax Specialist
Responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing local, state, and federal payroll tax returns. Responsible for the calculation and reporting of tax liabilities, in responding to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies, in researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures, and in preparing budgets, projections, and special reports for senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares pay for the Semi- Monthly Payrolls
- Prepares pay by verifying compiled payroll data including hours worked and deductions to be withheld; calculating checks or electronic transfers
- Pay local taxes – all states
- Pay and file SIT online weekly, monthly, quarterly
- Monthly Payroll account reconciliations
- Pay EFPTS Online
- Manages weekly cash reports
- Maintain file maintenance to correct employee’s YTD/QTD federal, state, and local records in eCMS.
- Run weekly PR cash report
- Keep manual record of wages and FICA tax on HC Price Foreign Affiliate
- Balance quarterly reports, 941 log, upload wage listing for states, file federal, state (SUTA) and WC reports and make payments
- Prepare journal entry request to correct accounts
- Keeps annual file of all manual changes to employee earnings for tracking and audit purposes
- Resolve state tax questions/issues
- Answer questions from field regarding PR processing.
- Prepare ACH files to be sent to the bank
- Resolve any direct deposit issues
- High School diploma some college preferred
- CPP Preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a payroll position
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication, and data entry skills
- Good analytical and reasoning abilities
- Good knowledge of payroll basics and time collection
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular MS Excel
- Ability to work with short deadlines
- Ability to maintain the confidential nature of payroll data
- Ability to work with all levels of employees
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.