Location: Austin, Texas
Our client is a subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports
with a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium streaming content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more.
The NOC Technician II will oversee all quality aspects of our live streams, including both proactive and on-demand quality checks, to ensure consistent and high-quality live broadcasts. This position will analyze problems, perform technical troubleshooting and incident response on systems, diagnose network and server problems, communicate updates with necessary stakeholders and will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that the problems are resolved in a timely manner. The NOC Technician II will provide technical input, solutions, and recommendations to achieve rapid issue resolution and continuous improvement and evolution of our product. Because this position will work within a live production environment where urgency is critical, this person must be calm under pressure, have excellent time management skills and possess the proven ability to recall extensive technical knowledge quickly. The ability to work a significant amount during weekends is required (suitable time off will be available during the regular work week to compensate for time worked during the weekend).
- Provide front line support to the live production team
- Configure and maintain the entire streaming infrastructure from an encoder to end-user, monitor servers, and resources, run tests, build proofs of concept and find the root cause by reproducing issues to find solutions
- Lead the response to all troubleshooting efforts, including escalation and issue documentation
- Provide stakeholders with recommendations for equipment updates, enhancements and modifications and then execute once approved
- Work with engineering dept to resolve bugs and problems
- Demonstrate skill at all tiers including technical expertise in TCP/IP networking, Mac OS X, RTMP, HLS, Linux server configuration, and other technologies as required
- Diagnose, as appropriate, complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors which may require interaction with vendors to resolve problems use a ticketing system to update information regarding the progress of each issue
- Make time-sensitive decisions that may affect the organization’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the preventative maintenance of all broadcast and networking equipment
- Stay abreast of latest innovations within the industry and make recommendations for new technology and equipment, when appropriate
- Document all details surrounding equipment failure to the appropriate department and schedule equipment to be repaired
- Complete a training and certification program built in-house with potential bonuses for completing advanced levels.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in electronics, computer science, network engineering, information technology or related area
- CCNT, CCNA, or CompTIA Network+ Certification
- AWS Practitioner Certification
- Linux+ Certification or higher
- 2+ years of experience in networking with proven experience remotely troubleshooting routers, switches, and other equipment
- 2+ years of experience in broadcasting
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, servers, networks, and wireless technologies
- Solutions-oriented and creative in managing unexpected challenges.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
JOB ID: 7727