Reporting to the Manager Cybersecurity, the Cybersecurity Engineer has responsibility for designing, implementing, maintaining, and operating Information security (Operations) controls and tools in support of our clients cybersecurity program. Additionally, the Cybersecurity Engineer will operate the controls according to sound cyber-risk management principles and aligns with relevant standards. The Cybersecurity Engineer will provide reporting on, documenting, and facilitating remediation of identified vulnerabilities for IT security and IT risk including implementing and monitoring security rules and systems.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
- Configure and operate enterprise vulnerability assessment and configuration assessment
- tools (i.e., Tenable, Ivanti) and integrate their output into reports or other platforms
- Support the implementation of policies and parameters to tune security technologies (e.g., DLP, EDR, SIEM).
- Develop technical solutions and implement new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Assist the various Information Technology teams in protecting the company from infiltration and cyber-attacks.
- Plan and execute the security measures necessary to monitor and protect sensitive data.
- Serve as an escalation point for the IT department for security-related incidents.
- Establish and incorporate reporting measures to measure the effectiveness of security tools and technologies.
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and testing of incident response plans against a variety of scenarios.
- Lead the activities involving security operations.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Support development of security controls to prevent, detect or correct risks.
- Develop security architecture and develop detailed cybersecurity designs.
- Utilize vulnerability scanning and patching tools to identify and remediate cybersecurity risk.
- Provide in-depth gathering, analysis, and interpretation of data from IT systems as needed to aid in investigations of security-related incidents.
- Report, review, and audit adherence to established security policies and standards.
- Manage access privileges to systems, applications, and functions for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Leads troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts for a range of IT technical issues involving security.
- Ensures that security options are properly configured, well documented, tested and successfully executed to maximize the overall benefit for the organization.
- Adhere to Change Management standards.
- Attend, participate, and provide guidance and recommendations on projects, as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical/scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years IT related work; preferred 3+ years as in security.
- Enterprise level Network/System Administration or Engineering experience.
- Proficient level of knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, networks, and network security technologies (IPS, firewalls, etc.), TCP/IP network communication structure, protocols and processes, internet protocols and connectivity methods, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing and user authentication technologies.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST.
- Relevant security certifications such as GCIH, CEH, Security+, CCNA Security, CCSP, or equivalent certification required. Non-specific vendor cloud certifications are a plus.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated administration of security platforms and security related best practices.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both an operational and tactical level.
- Experience in developing and deploying security specific solutions including the automation of repeatable security tasks and controls.
- Experience with security vulnerability and penetration tools, remediation, and processes.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient IT technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve problems.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Self-motivated with initiative.
- Strong sense of ethics.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.