Summary: The Security Architect designs, implements and maintains the security posture of the clients computer systems. The Architect also provides leadership and support for the Security Operations team. Requires diverse set of skills including problem-solving, solid verbal and written communication, excellent relationship building experience and strong leadership skills. This position works remotely.
- Support organization security strategies aligned to enable clients mission and business objectives
- Serve as a leader of project teams in a cross-functional environment
- Provide development guidance and assist in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of organization information security policies and procedures in coordination with organization management and administration
- Identify key operational areas for continuous improvement
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Cyber Security, BS or equivalent experience required
- Certification/Licensure in at least one of the following preferred: PCNSE, CCIE, PCSAE
- Software/Hardware: Palo Alto, Cisco, Linux, Python, REST API
- Strong background in Security Architecture, Engineering and Operations
- Must have knowledge of Palo Alto Firewalls
- Design, build, implement and support of enterprise-class security systems
- Work both independently and collaborate with peers, across teams and with management
- Knowledge of IT Operations, vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Provide guidance on incident response and data leakage control topics to other IT groups
- Security considerations of cloud computing, including data breaches, hacking, malicious insiders and third parties, authentication, APTs, data loss and DOS attack and mitigation.
- Strong knowledge of various security solutions such as AV, IDS, SIEM, VPN, Zero Trust, DNS, Load Balancers (application Firewalls), Next Generation Firewalls
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography and authentication.
- Knowledge of and experience in scripting using Python and/or PowerShell is required
- Knowledge of web applications and API is highly desired
- Experience with cloud environments, such as Microsoft Azure is desired
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.