Location: Arlington, TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute full life-cycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Create documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes, and metrics
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert, and mentor fellow team members
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Build and conduct presentations about technical details, processes, ideas, training, and plans
- Recommend changes in technical policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment. Participate in educational opportunities: reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations, and maintain personal networks.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential and secure.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires the following;
- Proven working experience in Software Engineering
- At least a BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, or related discipline
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented programming (preferred C#, C++, or C; .Net, integration tools and web tools)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, and ORM technologies
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments (HP UX is a plus)
- Knowledge of Data Communications (Sockets) is a plus
- Helpful to have exposure in a Microfocus Cobol environment – and modernization efforts
- Strong with IT project lifecycle – software development methodology
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.