Job Summary: The Software Engineer position provides individuals an opportunity to apply their skills in a dynamic work environment while developing well-rounded competencies in our client's products and services. As a member of the Product Development team, the Software Engineer will be developing front end web pages and behind-the-scenes database. The position exposes individuals to the complete Software Development Life Cycle.
1.0 Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Design and develop Cloud-Native applications and API development using NET, NET Core and Containers.
• Strong understanding of Cloud computing concepts and technologies, such as IaaS/SaaS/PaaS, load balancing.
• Develop and maintain mobile hybrid applications, web applications, and web services
• Scale applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
• Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly.
• Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve productivity.
• Learn new software tools and skills as needed
• Be able to visit and have calls with clients to gather requirements and gain understanding of development requests
• Proactively analyze and bring forth ideas for continuous improvement
• Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy procedures and meeting QMS and ISMS objectives
• All employees have a professional duty to provide any information related to security issues, incidents or situations that present a potential security risk to the ISO Team, Management or their Supervisor
• Other tasks and projects as directed by management
2.1 Education and Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university and/or equivalent work experience
2.2 Knowledge and Skills
• Experience working with Azure Cloud platform – Minimum 3 years
• Experience in implementing RESTful webservices and SOAP services in cloud
• Knowledge of .NET Core/.NET 5 – Minimum 3 years
• Experience in Azure App Service Model (Web Apps and Web Jobs)
• Experience in Docker containerization
• Strong understanding of OOP design, algorithms, and design patterns
• Understanding of software engineering practices
• Knowledge of Bootstrap, Sass, React, Angular a plus
• Capability to lead projects, as well as be able to work in a team environment
• Recognized quality work from previous projects
• Demonstrate personal initiative
• Solid analytical and problem-solving ability
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
• Desire to assume increasing levels of leadership responsibility
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.