Location: Dallas, TX
Job Summary: The Lead Data Architect is responsible for applying skills in a dynamic work environment while developing well-rounded competencies in our client's products and services. The Lead Data Architect is a data expert who helps establish database design, development, and maintenance standards as well as data systems governance. As a member of the Product Development team, the Lead Data Architect will serve as a hands-on data architect and help Scrum teams with the design and development of our client's databases and data storage. The position exposes individuals to the complete Secure Software Development Life Cycle.
1.0 Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Enable consistency in the data models and data architecture practices across the various application development and maintenance projects.
- Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models, metadata policies and procedures for functional design.
- Create end-to-end vision on how logical design translates into one or more physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages.
- Architect efficient and modern data storage solutions for all OLTP and OLAP systems
- Review existing data structures and objects and provide recommendations on use of SQL replication, Cross database joins, Linked Database servers and SQL Source Control.
- Review existing data structures and objects, and provide Azure-based solution recommendations for modernizing applications
- Assist in designing multi-phased cloud data strategies, including crafting multi-phased implementation roadmaps.
- Work with software architects, senior developers, and DBAs to implement modern, best in class solutions
- Develop detailed specifications and documentation for proposed solutions
- Train and coach team members on Data Architecture Standards and guidelines
- Research and develop new ways and modern technologies to improve existing functionality
- Proactively analyze and bring forth ideas for continuous improvement
- Model an environment of strong collaboration and teamwork
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy procedures and meeting QMS and ISMS objectives
- All employees have a professional duty to provide any information related to security issues, incidents or situations that present a potential security risk to the ISO Team, Management or their Supervisor
- Other tasks and projects as directed by management
2.1 Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- Microsoft Azure data-related certifications are a plus
2.2 Knowledge and Skills
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in Microsoft SQL Server database development and administration roles, with 2+ years in a data architecture role
- 8+ years extensive knowledge of T-SQL; writing complex queries, stored procedures, functions, performance tuning and optimization of SQL code
- 3+ years of experience using Microsoft SSIS and/or Azure Data Factory
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing ETL and ELT solutions
- Extensive knowledge and experience with data tools such as SQL Profiler, Extended Events, and SQL Trace
- Strong experience with SQL Replication and clustering
- Expert knowledge of performance use and maintaining SQL Server Indexes
- Extensive knowledge of database modeling and design
- Experience with NoSQL data storage is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud is preferred
- Experience with Data warehousing (implementation, design, governance, maintenance) is preferred
- Knowledge of C# or other development language is a plus
- Proven ability to lead projects, as well as be able to work in a team environment
- Recognized quality work from previous projects
- Demonstrated personal initiative and leadership skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving ability
- Desire to assume increasing levels of leadership responsibility
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.