Location: Houston, TX
Responsible for handling all functions related to the monthly JIB process for company Operated properties, while ensuring compliance with proper oil and gas accounting procedures (COPAS).
- Generates joint interest billing (JIB) invoices for the company.
- Establishes and maintains cost allocations for all operated properties.
- Calculates salt water disposal (SWD) and platform fees for the company’s operated properties.
- Calculates and maintains Production Handing Agreements and Facility Use Agreements.
- Reconciles joint interest billing (JIB) and general ledger accounts.
- Establishes and maintains operated authority for expenditures (AFE’s) in Accounting System.
- Reviews and reports to management monthly variances and reasons for variance on lease operating cost.
- Calculates and records drilling, producing and major construction overhead for company operated properties.
- Creates and maintains Operated Payouts.
- Prepares manual invoices for contract services provided by the company.
- Establishes and maintains schedules for acquisition properties to properly record property allocations, SWD, Production Handling Agreements, and facility usage fees.
- Works closely with Operations for ongoing issues and attends appropriate asset team meetings on a regular basis.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Performs special projects that require knowledge of oil and gas operational accounting.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations, including intellectual properties, by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Two (2) years minimum experience in oil and gas joint interest operations accounting.
- Ability to accurately solve problems and exceptional proficiency in data management including spreadsheet proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex operational information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook). Working knowledge of oil and gas accounting systems.
- Required: Specific knowledge and experience with SAP
- Preferred: Knowledge of EnergyLink (Formerly JIBLink)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college, or related experience.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.