The IT Support Lead provides 2nd level support for hardware, software, information security and is a source of escalation of 1st level issues. This position is a critical role to the company; the IT Support Lead ensures secure continuous access, ticket resolution and tracking of technology services and resources, while adhering to IT and InfoSec best practices and corporate policies. This role is lead to the Helpdesk Specialist role and ensures employees issues are addressed and team members maintain productivity in the most efficient and secure manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide hands on and remote executive level support with a sense of urgency and accuracy
- Tracks all calls electronically and ensures resolution of issue within reasonable timeframes based on company SLA
- Manage and maintain an accurate asset inventory of all equipment as it pertains to desktop support. Laptops, monitors, keyboard, mice, and other peripherals.
- Responsible for monitoring support issues throughout the weekday, off hours, and weekends
- Drive the diagnosis and resolution of customer reported issues by applying technical expertise, product knowledge, and problem-solving skills.
- Initialize case escalations as part of the resolution process and Interface with your team and management for proper and timely escalation
- Follow departmental processes regarding individual and team responsibilities
- Create and maintain technical documentation on system support models, common issues, and solutions.
- Creating, maintaining, and loading laptop OS images using various technologies, like SYSPREP Microsoft SCCM, and Azure Intune
- Installing, and supporting Windows desktop operating systems; Windows 7- Windows 10
- Maintain and support Apple OS laptops and products.
- Deploy various vendor software .msi installs using SCCM and MS Azure Intune technologies
- Effectively manage and maintain user software based on the available licenses.
- Maintaining and administer Active Directory user accounts including set-up, configuration and training of new users following established processes
- Managing windows vulnerability management program leveraging Qualys and following established processes and operating procedures
- Deploy and update laptop encryption using current encryption technologies.
- Experience with backup technologies to preform backup and restore of user files.
- Monitor’s technology document/certificates such as registrations, maintenance, software licensing agreements and service contracts ensuring that they are maintained, evaluated and updated
- Other duties assigned
- Knowledge of creating automated tasks via scripting methods using .vbs or PowerShell a plus.
- Knowledge of working in and with secure environments such as SOX, PCI is required
- Must approach all tasks with a great attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of – Active Directory / exchange Distribution lists / Security Groups
- Advanced knowledge of – Active Directory Group Policy Management
- Advanced knowledge of – File Folder Permissions
- Advanced knowledge of – Laptop / Desktop hardware – (Various Dell Models)
- Advanced knowledge of – O365, Exchange, Azure, Intune, Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint
- Advanced knowledge of – Windows Operating systems up to and including Windows 10 Pro
- Advanced knowledge of – Microsoft Outlook. Must be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues, create and support .pst files, familiar with proper Calendar permission delegation
- Intermediate knowledge of – Apple OS and support
- Intermediate knowledge of – Conferencing technologies and platforms such as Zoom, WebEx
- Intermediate knowledge of – Tablet hardware – (Microsoft Surface, Android, iPad)
- Intermediate knowledge of – Cell phone hardware (Apple, Android)
- Intermediate experience in PowerShell scripting
- Intermediate knowledge of – IT Security best practices, threat escalation, incident handling, emerging threats, vulnerability remediation
- Basic knowledge of – Spam Filtering
- Identifies and introduces new ideas and solutions to create efficiency in the operation
- Facilitates coaching of new and existing employees on IT services
- Forms strong working relationships within the team and customers
- Follows established procedures for IT processes
- Supports leadership with special projects on as needed basis.
- Guest Service mentality with genuine desire to serve the customer
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who works independently, is highly self-motivated and goal oriented
- Exhibits tenacity meeting goals and determining solutions to meet business challenges
- Resourceful and learns quickly with a thirst for knowledge
- Coordinates multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through
- Adaptable to changing situations and exhibits flexibility with changing priorities and conditions
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to form strong working relationships within team members and customers
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others
- Follows direction with focused attention
- Ongoing learner that exhibits insatiable curiosity with an interest in self- improvement
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of B.A/B.S. degree in Computer Science or related experience required.
- Minimum 5+ years of Support experience required.
- A valid U.S. driver’s license required.
- CompTIA A+, Network+ certifications required.
- Microsoft MCP or above a plus.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.