Job Title: Director – IT Infrastructure
Location: Houston, TX 77002
Our client is an international multi-billion dollar real estate company that has been in business for over 50 years. They are looking for an Azure Solutions Architect to join their team at their Houston headquarters.
- Manage the daily activities that contribute to the infrastructure operating in an efficient, performant, and secure state.
- Lead the team responsible for the overall maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning of the corporate network and real estate network infrastructure, servers, cloud storage, and cybersecurity platforms.
- Work closely with the Information Security and Compliance team to evaluate and implement systems to enhance data security and governance, and to facilitate risk management, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning.
- Build successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring fast, reliable, cost-effective delivery of infrastructure-related IT services to meet those needs.
- Manage the infrastructure components of the department budget; collaborate with IT leadership as appropriate to introduce opportunities for improvement.
- Operate a formal governance mechanism to establish and monitor effective controls for the processes and functions performed by the team.
- Serve as the program manager for our endpoint management platform (Intune).
- Aid in forensic investigations as requested by the Information Security and Compliance team.
- Manage overall resources and develop and attract best-in-class IT talent to support the organization's rapid growth and increasing investment in infrastructure-related technology.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field (preferred).
- 10+ years of IT infrastructure and operations experience
- 5+ years leading infrastructure/operations teams at mid-market enterprise or larger.
- 5+ years of end-to-end technology project management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Familiarity with technologies including Multi-factor Authentication, M365, Email/Web Filtering Solutions, MDM/MAM solutions, Enterprise Cloud Storage Solutions, MPLS or DMVPN Network, enterprise telephony.
- Working knowledge of Azure services, including storage, networking, logging, monitoring, and automation.
- Strong expertise in enterprise-grade networking, particularly Cisco technologies.
- Understanding of cybersecurity practices and techniques for data confidentiality and integrity.
- Track record of leading and upgrading complex blended environments (legacy and cloud technologies).
- Willingness to provide hands-on support while prioritizing mentorship and leadership.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Enthusiasm for team building, problem simplification, and individual empowerment.
- Experience leading teams through transformation and change management.
- Proficiency in directing private, public, or hybrid cloud solutions.
- Strategic and tactical thinking ability.
- Confident communication with diverse audiences, both written and oral.