The Helpdesk Support Specialist provides 1 st level support for hardware and software issues and provides training and consultation to employees. This position is a critical role to the company; the Helpdesk Support Specialist will be the first point of contact for users and needs to ensure secure continuous access, problem diagnostics and resolution to technology services and resources, while adhering to IT and InfoSec best practices, as well as corporate policies. This role enables employees to maintain productivity in the most efficient and secure manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests relate to IT issues within established SLA’s.
- Maintain ticket daily including, opening of new tickets, updating of status, closing, or escalating as needed.
- Maintain computer systems and act as support if any system goes down.
- Responsible for PC’s, Printers, and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc).
- Maintain user PCs, including upgrades and configuration as needed.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of all equipment, software licenses.
- Install, configure, and upgrade PC software as need and approved by Support Lead or Manager.
- Provide remote and hands on executive level support with a sense of urgency and accuracy as needed
- Assist with urgent after hours and weekend support issues as needed.
- Drive the diagnosis and resolution of customer reported issues by applying technical expertise, product knowledge, and problem-solving skills.
- Follow departmental processes regarding individual and team responsibilities
- Create and maintain technical documentation on system support models, common issues, and solutions.
- Installing, and supporting Windows desktop operating systems; Windows 7- Windows 10
- Maintain and support Apple OS laptops and products.
- Install windows updates as needed
- Backup and restore user files as needed.
- Other duties assigned or related to Helpdesk tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies like; Active Directory, Exchange, Distribution lists, Security Groups, Group Policies
- Knowledge of File Folder Permissions
- Knowledge of FTP/SFTP technologies
- Knowledge of O365, Exchange, Azure, Intune, Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint
- Knowledge of Apple OS and supported applications
- Knowledge of IT Security best practices, threat escalation, incident handling, emerging threats, vulnerability remediation
- Knowledge of Spam Filtering technologies and concepts.
- Knowledge of working in and with secure environments with compliance requirements such as SOX, PCI is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Tablet hardware (Microsoft Surface, Android, iPad)
- Intermediate knowledge of Smartphone support for the following Apple, Android
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating systems up to and including Windows 10 Pro
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook. Must be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues, create and support .pst files, familiar with proper Calendar permission delegation
- Advanced knowledge of Laptop hardware – (Various Dell Models)
- Advanced knowledge of Conferencing technologies and platforms such as Zoom, WebEx, Teams
- Must approach all tasks with a great attention to detail
- Forms strong working relationships within the team and customers
- Follows established procedures for IT processes
- Customer Service mentality with genuine desire to serve the customer
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who works independently, is highly self-motivated and goal oriented
- Resourceful and learns quickly with a thirst for knowledge
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others
- Follows direction with focused attention
- Ongoing learner that exhibits insatiable curiosity with an interest in self- improvement
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of B.A/B.S. degree in Computer Science or related experience required.
- Minimum 3-4 years of helpdesk experience required.
- A valid U.S. driver’s license required
- CompTIA A+, Network+ certifications a plus.
- Microsoft MCP preferred.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.