Large privately held company in the Austin area is seeking customer focused IT Helpdesk candidate to join their growing team.
The Helpdesk Engineer will execute help desk tickets promptly and courteously and provide end-users with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology. This person has the ability to patiently listen to internal customers and assist them with daily computer and smart phone issues, as well as teach them better and smarter ways to use today's technology.
Execute help desk tickets promptly and courteously. Provide end-users with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology.
- All duties of Helpdesk Engineer I.
- Work with level I engineers on escalated tickets.
- Mentoring of level I engineers under direction of a Manager using the EDGE method.
- Printer setup/configuration and Print Server maintenance (printer installation and driver updates)
- Virus and Malware removal from end-user systems
- User account creation for the multiple systems (AD, O365, Signature, etc.)
- Basic network trouble shooting (i.e.: NICs, WiFi, Wireless connectivity, DNS and DHCP issues)
- Troubleshooting for all company installed applications (i.e.: SureCount, RDS, AutoCad)
- Work with other IT members on project-oriented tasks, as assigned.
- Work to maintain and improve Knowledge Base articles adding articles for undocumented issues.
- Train small groups of end-users (12 or less) on use of hardware and soft
- Participate in night-time/weekend on-call rotation.
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Perform additional assignments as needed.
- Excellent Customer Service skills a must
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ Years’ experience with Active Directory, Windows OS, MS Office products, and Office 365
- Knowledge of ticketing systems, remote support, and video conferencing
- Knowledge of basic network troubleshooting and commands
- Understanding of the MAC process
- Minimum 1-year experience in IT Helpdesk role
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for customers, employees, and business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting with smartphones, Wifi, tablets, and similar equipment
- IT certifications (MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, A+, N+, etc.) a plus
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.