Location: Austin, TX
Our client is a large government consultant.
Our client currently has an opening for a Facilities Project Manager in the field of Electrical Engineering. This position will support the electrical infrastructure associated with a data center located in Austin, TX. and is required to be at the site.
- Current infrastructure/equipment to support:
- Utility power feed(s)
- Backup generators (including fuel systems)
- Auto Transfer Switches (ATS)
- Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) units (including battery strings/systems)
- Power Distribution Units (PDU)
- Remote Power Panels (RPP)
- Electric panels
- Redundancy to the IT rack level
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards.
- Follow standards and procedures for internal, Facilities Project Management.
- Develop formal project charters and assist developing project packages, including market research, statement of work (SOW) and performance work statement (PWS).
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project.
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule and recommend ways to resolve.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be accessible by the PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Apprise management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
- Assess variances from the project plan and develop recommendations as necessary to ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All variances tracked must be accessible by the PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives.
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- Produce high quality technical documents (technical writing skills), including AutoCAD drawings.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
Job #: 7599