Location: Austin, Texas
Our client is a medical device company that is world leading in their field.
This position will ideally be based in Austin, TX but will consider 100% remote for the right candidate.
As the eCommerce Developer, you will:
- Participate as a key part of the eCommerce team to ensure successful and timely technical implementations and process adhesion related to analysis, design, development, rollout, and support of eCommerce applications and systems
- Collaborate with multiple team members to plan, implement, test and deploy new features and improvements for the enterprise eCommerce website(s)
- Ability to write code for the Magento2X (Adobe Commerce Cloud) platform and hands-on work with Integration code, feature development and support of Magento2X (Adobe Commerce Cloud) based ecommerce sites.
- Build and maintain to enhance interfaces and integrations between website and business systems including ERP
- Work with external partners to deploy upgrades, reduce problems and enhance web site performance
- Customize Magento’s (Adobe Commerce Cloud) front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Proactively identify and fix issues/bugs with the website
- Provide feedback regarding technical requirements, timelines and software concerns
- Manage metrics to monitor and measure software development projects, ongoing support & maintenance activities
- Ensure optimal processes are in place to support software development and support activities
- Understanding of Magento 2 code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Customize Magento’s front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Back-End Development (PHP, MySQL)
- Work with external partners and internal developers to deploy upgrades, reduce problems and enhance web site performance
- Knowledge of bug, feature and diagnosis tracking tools such as Jira, New Relic, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP) including ERP and other system integrations
- Demonstrable knowledge of API integration, front-end development, and payment gateways
- Extensive knowledge of Git-based source control and CICD and other Agile processes
- Knowledge of technologies like CDN, load balancing, hosting, web server configurations, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of PWA technology and mobile app development
- Understanding of web analytics and SEO techniques
- Understanding Google AdWords a Plus
- Build and maintain to enhance interfaces and integrations between website and business systems
To be formally considered for the role, the following minimum requirements must be met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Technology, Business Management or equivalent 1:1 years of experience.
- 8 years of progressively increasing responsibility within an “Online” environment (web, digital, eCommerce, CRM, etc.) with a primary focus on Product Requirements and Support Management.
- Extensive understanding of retail eCommerce B2B and B2C landscape, including “best practice” platforms, practices, features, and functionality.
- Knowledge of AWS Hosting and performance, load and other monitoring tools
- Knowledge of eCommerce /CRM platforms – Magento, Shopify, Salesforce
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and software development life cycle process.
- Experienced in developing business use cases and strategic planning.
- Understanding of web technology fundamentals and passion for user experience.
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes – Lead the various technical resources in development and support activities
- Hands-on Knowledge of PHP, Python, .NET, WordPress, Drupal, scripting and other programming languages a plus
- Hands-on Magento Progressive Web Apps coding. Experience with React, AngularJS and other Front End programming technologies
- Experience in DevSecOps – strong knowledge of eCommerce Security and Best Practices
- Knowledge of site analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of interfacing and integrating eCommerce/CRM platforms with ERP systems
- Knowledge of Load Testing, automated testing and continues integration
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite or other image editing tools.
- Proficient with Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Additional Success Factors:
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to support/troubleshoot in an organized manner and execute methodically
- Ability to work individually and within a team
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated relationship-management skills, and a proven track record of delivering results and influencing both within and outside the organization
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics driven decision making
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment In You:
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and long-term disability insurance
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.