Directors of Software Development are instrumental in the leadership of multiple development teams in the pursuit of producing, maintaining and improving software development methods, quality products and ensuring good data stewardship. Day to day activities include balancing workloads to align with Corporate, Business and Department objectives; alleviate stressors for the team; all with the future in mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, build and manage Software Development and IT teams to deliver software, data solutions and architecture to standards that meet business needs in a high-availability environment
- Experience with budgeting, recruiting and managing diverse, dispersed global teams
- Adherence to continued improvement through assessment in all phases of software development
- Participation as part of the Global Architecture Team Core Competencies and Skills
- Hands on with .NET/SQL architecture and modern software development practices and methodologies (Scaled Agile, Agile, etc.) in a large scale Microsoft based environment.
- Solid fundamental understanding of good data storage/performance practices applied to both architecture and support
- Prioritizing multiple requests and directing teams appropriate teams in both planned development and incident situations
- Applies attention to detail through following up and ensuring issues and efforts are corrected and/or prescribed corrective actions are completed
- Works within a given framework and participate in its expansion, championing and improvement
- Superb troubleshooting skills and the ability to keep the larger picture in mind when working through requests
- Post-Secondary Education IT related degree
- Relevant IT related training/certifications (MCSA, MCSD, etc.)
- Communicating (oral and written) in an efficient manner and produce an effective outcome; keeping Leadership, Business and department teams involved and in the know
- Comfortable saying NO to requests from Business Teams and IT Teams
- Demonstrated ability to build backwards in planning and design for solutions and project work
- Demonstrated ability to coach and lead teams to resolve critical incidents in a timely manner
Success criteria and performance measures
- Products produced are on target for time, architecture, suitability and sustainability
- Effective leadership of assigned directs, project efforts and area of expertise management
- Performance to be based on assigned duties and responsibilities
- Adheres, champions and continually improves standards and guidelines
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.