Our client builds software platforms for the government which benefits all in the local community. Their focus is on solving real world problems those in the government and their families every day through our software platform.
The Director of Development will lead the development team, including server, mobile and web application development.
They are building mobile applications and cloud infrastructure to support the platform — all using modern front-end and back-end cloud software technologies that are popular today.
They are a remote team so work will primarily be done remotely.
You must be a United States citizen currently located within the United States
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains developers, team leads and QA personnel.
- Leads the planning of new releases, as well as the delivery in time and with good quality.
- Defines, develops and manages the software development processes in the department, manages the Agile development environment, Sprints, the Jira environment, etc.
- Oversees the daily work of the department.
- Involved in product definition and design sessions, assuring that design matches customer and product owner requirements.
- In charge of security and compliance for the software platform, development environment and processes.
- Selects and manages deployment of new technologies.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Proficient in the development environment, including:
- React with Bootstrap
- React Native
- Amazon Web Services (Aurora, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, SQS)
- Jira / Constellation for tickets and requirements management
- Strong understanding of software and cloud architecture
- Knowledge and proven experience developing front-end web applications, mobile applications and understanding of backend web technology.
- Knowledge and experience working with SQL and non-SQL databases
- Knowledge of standard development tools such as version control, command line interfaces, project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Technical Skills
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of professional experience building frontend and/or backend applications
Education and Experience:
- Computer Science Degree (or relevant field) required.
- Five to ten years of experience in managing development teams required.
- Prior management experience in start-up environment preferred.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.