Large, privately-held company in San Antonio seeking customer-focused IT Support Analyst candidate to join their growing team.
The IT Support Analyst will execute help desk tickets promptly and courteously and provide end-users with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology. This person has the ability to patiently listen to internal customers and assist them with daily computer and smart phone issues, as well as teach them better and smarter ways to use today's technology.
1. Receive and respond to help desk tickets. Maintain the ticket queue and facilitate a positive resolution for end-user.
2. Perform the following:
- Analyze reported problems;
- Troubleshoot or guide end-users through troubleshooting procedures;
- Escalate issues to appropriate IT personnel when necessary;
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with equipment and software when necessary;
- Work MACs (moves/adds/changes) – prepare computers for employee use, install appropriate software, ensure computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems (i.e., file server, email server, applications server, etc.);
- Set up new employee accounts (i.e., email, telephone [office phone, blackberry, cell phone], PC, etc.);
- Set up related services (i.e., internet service, phone and computer service, MFDs, etc.) at remote Brandt sites.
3. Train and familiarize end-users on use of hardware and software.
4. Recommend and/or perform upgrades to hardware, software, and deployment of new hardware and software technologies that can streamline or improve workflow and effectiveness.
5. Work with other IT members on project-oriented tasks, as assigned.
6. Maintain desktop and laptop images and imaging software.
7. Participate in night-time/weekend on-call rotation as part of IT's 24/7 availability plan for IT emergencies.
Skills & Experience:
- Education and/or work experience equivalent to an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science.
- 2-3 years of experience in computer support and customer service to end users.
- A+, other relevant certifications preferred.
- Courteous customer service attitude and demeanor.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Altiris and Citrix software preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting with Smart phones, iPads, and related equipment preferred.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.