The Credit Specialist will be responsible for performing all credit and collections functions associated with mid-tier account portfolio in accordance with the credit department goals and objectives.
Responsibilities of the Credit Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Perform account management tasks related to credit and collections and overall accounts receivable management
- Perform periodic analysis on their customer account portfolio. Perform root cause analysis to resolve problems in timely manner
- Recommend credit limits for accounts in the portfolio and Identify issues needing escalation
- Extend credit to customers within their limits of authority and approve credit inquiries.
- Generate account statements, provide billing documentation and prepares credit adjustments where applicable
- Identify delinquency drivers and achieve resolution is required.
- Ensure optimal cash flow by continued positive contact and relationship building.
- Facilitate customer meetings
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by Credit Manager
Qualifications of the Credit Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred or 3+ years of equivalent experience in AR/AP or credit role preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with electronic billing (ADP, Oildex, EDI)
- Intermediate Excel skills (vlookup/pivot tables/power queries)
- Intermediate knowledge of financial statements and credit reporting tools (D&B, etc.)
- Experience managing portfolio; intermediate understanding of reconciliations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all organizational levels
- Work well independently, part of a team and takes initiative to deliver on results in acceptable period of time
- Travel to customer or field locations to perform account reviews with credit manager as required
- Candidate must have an acceptable driving record according to company guidelines
Working Conditions: Professional office environment, On-Site
Shift Time/Overtime: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Education: Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred or 3+ years of equivalent experience in AR/AP or credit role preferred