Location: Austin, TX
Our client is a leading international supply chain provider specializing in import/export, customs brokerage, all modes of transportation, warehousing and distribution.
Job Description Summary
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
- Architect and design complex business process/business application solutions to address cross functional needs and convert design to functional and technical specifications.
- Identifies and recommend industry BKM's for integrated solution design and standards.
- Provides and/or oversees business application functional support services to meet customer performance, availability, service level agreements and customer satisfaction targets.
- Oversees monitoring of specific IT systems or set of systems and tuning of such systems for availability and performance.
- Drives completion of root cause analysis and resolution of outages or incident trends coordinating with infrastructure and technical teams, support providers and application vendors. Drives implementation of corrective and preventative actions. Evaluates/recommends/plans life cycle for patches, point releases, and major upgrades.
- Delivers project and support services within area of responsibility within allocated budget.
- Training employees on the use of any new software applications and maintaining a good work atmosphere.
- Plan and manage medium to large scale cross functional projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality.
- Oversees/manages contingent workers performing services across multiple projects or service areas. Responsible for the selection, on boarding and off boarding of contingent workers in a timely manner. Manages contingent worker project/task assignments and ensure work product quality. Approves contingent worker time sheets/costs
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT industry
- Associate/bachelor degree
- Project management skills
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical information about computers, servers, and software applications to non-technical
- Previous experience in IT industry either as a technical person or has a broad functional software knowledge
- Understanding of system design and development
- Experience with analytics/visualization software such as Tableau
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
Job ID: 7274