Business Analyst’s (BA) are members of the Product Development Team. The Product Development team is responsible for supporting analysis, feature definition and triage of new ideas in collaboration with business units and business product owners – AND – as an extension of the Product
Management Team, BA’s will also support project implementation within Agile Project Teams. Business Analyst (BA) will participate in discovery analysis, feature definition/triage, testing, and implementation of new ideas and projects.
The BA analyzes the business process and user interface requirements for ideas and projects by working closely with the business stakeholders and project/product teams to ensure success.
Business Analyst is responsible for engaging with Product Owners and idea/project stakeholders and SME’s to define Epics, stories and features. BA’s will ensure appropriate upfront research and analysis has been conducted and assist with backlog refinement and grooming. The BA clearly understands the needs related to the product by working closely with the Product Owner, SMEs, and other business partners, so they can clearly communicate the product vision and clients needs to the Agile project team and stakeholders.
Primary Job Duties
- As a member of the Product Development Team, BA clearly understands the needs related to the Business Unit product by working closely with the Product Owner, SMEs, and other business partners, so they can clearly communicate the product vision and clients needs to the Product Management Team and Agile Project team.
- Assists with research and analysis to ensure that the appropriate information and context is available for the Project Teams to conduct productive story writing sessions.
- Reviews or creates process and flow maps to understand the business processes and system flows, in order to fully document the business domain.
- Documents any necessary business rules and logic needed to fully incorporate a business process into the system.
- Documents and identifies story dependencies to help facilitate backlog refinement and prioritization.
- Manages a regular cadence for story definition, story writing, story review, and story prioritization to maintain a well-refined and prioritized backlog of sufficient length to support the teams velocity.
- BA reviews or creates process and flow maps to understand the business processes and system flows, in order to fully document the business domain.
- Assists the Product Owner with defining what business value means to the client and how to assess each feature/story based on that business value to help maximize the value the team delivers.
- (2)+ years of Business Analysis experience or proven experience as a Business Analyst. (1)+ years' experience as a member of an Agile team, preferably as an Agile Business Analyst, Product Owner or Scrum Master. Experience working directly with business stakeholders. Experience performing Business Analysis responsibilities.
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing at a variety of levels to include business stakeholders, vendors, technical teams, customers, and management. At least a year of professional experience as a Business Analyst and/or System Analyst. Familiarity with Agile and DevOps practices and methodologies to include SCRUM and Kanban. Familiarity with software development lifecycle, operating systems, tools to test software applications/systems, development/modeling tools, organization and time management skills. Able to work as part of a large or small team.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities that are highly desirable for the Business Analyst role.
- Experience with SaaS products and Cloud Architectures
- Experience with enterprise system implementations.
- Experience with enterprise system integration
- Experience translating UIX Story Boards into development stories.
- Experience authoring User Stories using the Gherkin acceptance criteria
- Experience utilizing development planning tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and AHA
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.