The Application Technical Lead is expected to drive technology discussions, analyze the current landscape and lead a technology team to deliver end-to-end project solutions in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a motivated individual to challenge the status quo and provide thought leadership to enhance our current services and technologies. Effective communications, a positive attitude, and a proven track record of serving in a technical leadership role are key qualifications. This role must instill trust, drive innovation, value differences, have courage and create change with humility and vulnerability. The individual needs to appreciate complexity of the business while driving for simplicity in solutions.
The Technical Lead must demonstrate strong technical thought leadership that is deep in Life & Annuity (L&A) Insurance Policy Admin Systems capabilities and Mainframe technologies with understanding of SQL and Integration technologies. The Technical Lead will provide IT technical guidance in solution selection as well as lead and facilitate project development and implementation in L&A functionality. This role is a technical & functional leadership position. We’re looking for an inquisitive individual with a passion for continuous learning, quality, and drive to follow-through.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Establish and sustain high trust partnership with business stakeholders and product owners dependent on the incumbent’s technical guidance
- Possess strong degree of emotional and social intelligence with ability to build relationships across the enterprise
- Ensure IT resources are effectively utilized in IT Application Service delivery
- Collaborate with architects and development community to define and maintain standards, processes, and emerging technical roadmaps
- Build and maintain detailed working knowledge of key business applications
- Provide hands-on application development and support while exhibiting leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of technology
- Provide cost base analysis for new and existing solutions to enable most cost-efficient capabilities to both business and IT
- Judge the feasibility and trade-off of different technologies and make choices that fit the constraints of the project/product.
- Collaborate with IT staff maintaining applications & with points of integration to applications
- Estimate delivery cost and schedule for solutions, projects and requests
- Identify application transformation & rationalization opportunities as we transform to a simpler, more modern system platform
- Communicate effectively, and with an appropriate level of detail, to all levels in the organization.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills. Ability to design and build complex algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in Computer Science; or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a highly matrixed, heavily outsourced organization through a combination of influence, partnership, and authority
- Open-minded with proven ability to work collaboratively in team environment
- Ability and interest in mentoring technical staff and raising our collective technical competencies.
- Ability to manage IT Suppliers in a cost- effective manner
- Ability to manage change and cope with complex and ambiguous situations
- 5+ years Full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience; Designing, maintaining and enhancing software applications leveraging COBOL, JCL, SQL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, ISPF/PDF, FILE-AID, MVS, Endevor and using IBM Mainframe environment preferred
- 3+ years of experience leading product / project development team on Vantage policy administrative platform preferred
- Experience with Agile solution delivery preferred
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.