Location: Houston, TX
- Prepares routine monthly journal entries for assigned accounts and ensures that all account activity is recorded accurately and timely.
- Performs analysis of general ledger reconciliations and accrual entries thoroughly and timely. Reviews entries, verifies amounts and compares balances as to reasonableness, and interpret trends or deviations from expected results.
- Prepares account reconciliations and accrual entries thoroughly and timely. Reviews entries, verifies amounts and compares balances for reasonableness for deviation from source documents. Proposes with correcting entries as needed.
- Prepare financial and program required reports and collect necessary data, supporting documentation and statistics.
- Ensure that budget for financial and program is current and accurate.
- Maintain complete and accurate files, including supporting documentation, for all reports, journal entries and analysis.
- Review of expenses and revenues incurred/received to ensure compliance with GAAP and program requirements.
- Prepare schedules and analysis for financial and program reporting as required.
- Performs work on special projects and demonstrates the application of appropriate accounting theory and critical thinking skills.
- Cooperates with internal and external auditors in conducting audits and explaining accounting practices ,program requirements, and preparing requested schedules and providing explanation to questions.
- Communicates regularly with various internal and external personnel to facilitate collection and analysis of financial data.
- Answers questions posed by agency personnel and recommends procedures to address issues.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Will consider 5-7 years related accounting experience in lieu of bachelor’s degree with 6 to 9 hours of accounting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and automated accounting methods.
- Ability to interpret and apply accounting theory.
- Ability to analyze and consolidate accounting data.
- Ability to work accurately and timely with numerical detail.
- Ability to utilize computer applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) at an intermediate level.
- Must possess good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Be able to coordinate. many tasks at the same time. Be able to interact effectively with individuals throughout the organization. Must have ability for problem solving.
- Must be results oriented, self motivated and able to meet deadlines. Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
What we have to offer:
The HARRIS CENTER offers competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plans with company matching, prior service credit towards generous PTO accrual, outstanding wellness programs and professional development.
Employees can also take advantage of business casual dress code, corporate discounts, and gym memberships. New hire referral bonus, discounts are also available on an optional basis. These include mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities.
What else you should know:
This position is located at 9401 Southwest Freeway , Houston, TX 77074.